Back & Neck Community
Upper Chest pain, front and back between shoulder blades

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I have been having this dull pain in the chest for last 3 months. this pain is predominantly in the upper chest region and back. When i press on the chest just below the collar bone i feel some tenderness and pain. I had been having heartburn when this pain had initially started. I am also feeling hoarseness and a choking in my thorat and it takes quite an effort sometimes to make lenghtly conversations. The doctor had suggested some medicine for gastritis which did help, but the pain has been persisitent.
I have noticed that when i sleep on my right side, the pain increases by morning and seems more like a muscular pain. However, since i can feel this pain deep in my chest i doubt its just mscular. I had done a chest x-ray 6-7 months back and it didnt show any problem. I have also been getting ulcers on my tongue since then, dont know if it is related.
I felt the symptoms are similar to a problem with liver or gallbladder, which when i asked the doc he just negated it and said i didnt need any tests. He felt i am worrying for no reason, however he could not tell me the reason for the pain.
I am kinda worried about this pain and am just not able to pinpoint exactly the cause for this pain. Do you have any suggestions for me?
For starts, find a family doctor who WILL address your problems.    

Secondly, definitely sounds GI in nature.  I would guess GERD and/or a Gallbladder problem.  Is it possible you can consult a GI Specialist without a referral from you family doctor?  If so, do it.