Upper back & joint pains
Recently, I have been experiencing pain on the upper back & shoulder areas sometimes it spreads to the arms. I usually experience the pain when I get up from my bed in the morning..and the pain lasts throughout the day. I checked my uric acid levels and they are normal.  The pain is not unbearable however, its irritating and I dont understand why the upper shoulder areas and middle part of the back pains..I never used to have this before. It started recently maybe 2 months now. I haven't consulted a doctor as yet..wondering what could be causing this. My sugar/cholesterol levels are normal. I am 44 years old.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural defects, spinal/ structural issues, neuro-muscular issues such as muscle spasm, nerve impingement; inflammations, degenerations, referred pain from other regions etc. It would be ebst to have this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!