Back & Neck Community
Upper back/lower neck pain? It's driving me mad! :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I'm 19 and since last October i've had ongoing upper back/lower neck pain. It all started when one morning i woke up with pain on my left side, so i assumed i slept funny. The pain went after a few days. But a couple of weeks later i woke up with it again but this time it was killing me! I was in so much pain for 3 days, so i had to keep standing and putting heat on it. And this keeps happening since. The pain is where the neck meets the shoulder on the left and the area around it, it also radiates up into my neck and makes it very achy and has moved over to my right side at times. I also find my ears get blocked when it's here and the back of my head feels very heavy. When i tilt my head to the left i get pain in that place and my neck feels very stiff and it crackles and pops, if i tilt my head to the right i can feel no pain or anything.
I do have bad posture i must admit, i do spend alot of time on the computer and i'm always slouching.
My Uncle suggested a slight misalignment or RSI, but i've no idea.
I did see my doctor but all she did was refer me to a Physio and i'm still waiting for an appoitment.
What could i have done?
I can't stand it any longer :(
x
I really don't know what to tell you - you are young to be having disc issues, but doesn't mean you don't. Keep after the doctors until they figure it out; get a MRI or whatever it takes. In the mean time you might try a neck collar. I have neck issues and it helps me to wear one now and then. You can get one at the pharmacy for about $10. It is a soft cervical collar - might take some of the pressure off of your neck, don't know. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out.
Hi.....U can also have ur dr rx an MRI to make sure u have nothing going on, then u can have massage therapy or PT....

U can have muscles that r all knotted up.

See ur dr.

"selma"