Back & Neck Community
Upper cervical question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Upper cervical question

I have been seeing an upper cervical chiropractor since August 3rd for treatment for chronic dizziness I have had on and off over the years since 1997. I was diagnosed with a significant C1 misalignment.  At first, the dizziness was very slowly getting better but now it's feeling a little bit worse and different than before. I know my atlas is in place because I just had it checked the other day and I can always tell by looking at my shoulders to see if they are even.  Could this be retracing or maybe upper cervical is just not working for me.  If it is retracing, how long could it last before I feel better? Have you even treated anyone with dizziness that takes a long time to get better?
I'm seeing a chiro for uper cervical care too. When he saw the x-rays he said the reason why i had stiff neck, pressure in forehead, sinus, neuralgia and dizziness was all because from c1 to c3 it was straighten up due to a possible injury one year ago and chronic head forward posture...

Anyway ive been seeing him for 2 months 3 times a week and i see no improvement at all... I wanted to beleive in chiropractors but i'm afraid it is true that it's a pseudo-science...

Also upper cervical care can be dangerous if not done correctly and high velocity adjustement could lead to a stroke but of course every chiropractor will tell you it's not true.

I'm being reevaluated tomorow and i'm telling my chiro i quit the treatment.