Back & Neck Community
Upper left back, neck, and shoulder pain and sometimes down to my left ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Upper left back, neck, and shoulder pain and sometimes down to my left elbow please help

Greetings,

I have pain and its getting worse. I went to a chiropractor he said everything was minor and kept giving me a massage. I still have pain in my upper left back (between the shoulder blade and spine). Left side of neck. Top of my left shoulder, an sometimes the pain goes down to my left elbow. Also, a major part of pain is where my left side of my neck meets my back. Anyone know what I should do.

Oh, I got a left shoulder xray and they said it looks good. The chiropractor took another one and said it was something minor.
X-rays show bones, MRI's show tissue. Get an MRI...one with contrast if at all possible.
Don't waste any time in getting that MRI.  Sounds like you're having the same sypmtoms I did.  The docs told me I pulled a muscle.  6 weeks later, when it hadn't gotten any better, I pushed to get an MRI and I had 2 herniated cervical disks.  I would ditch the chiropracter and get into physical therapy with massage and ultrasound.  Good luck.
I've been experiencing pain in the same area, seeing a Pysio Therapst three times and then getting reffered to a massage therapist, the RMT is amazing they don't just massage they fix and give you stretches, it's wonderful.