Back & Neck Community
Upper left neck, back, shoulder, arm pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

For years now I have suffered from back pain that keeps me up at night.  The pain comes only on my left shoulder, neck, arm and back.  The main "root" for the pain feels like it is coming from the left side of my back close to the C6 or C7 (i think, I don't know too much about this so I may be off).   The pain can be felt all the way down my left arm.

When i put pressure on my upper neck (left side) it seems to temporarily relieve all the pain but it just comes back.  The pain does also seem directly influenced by sitting, computer use etc, though I've tried changing everything around (way i sit, where i sit, how i sit etc) to relieve this and it wont go away.

My questions are these:

1) Where is the pain coming from?  I know that everything is connected so I am not 100% sure where the problem is?
2) does this sound like a muscle problem or a bone problem?
3) any additional advice?

i just want to sleep!
HI.....when u r at the comp try and raise the monitor.....that way r u not looking down.

And u will need to see a NL if ur PC can't because of insurance rx MRI's to see what is going on.

It is difficult to speculate when u have no test results to refer to, plus we r not drs here....just people like u....looking for answers to similar issues.

May I suggest, when u do have testing done always request copies of the test on disk and a copy of the reports!!

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
For 8 years I have suffered from back pain that keeps me up at night.  The pain comes only on my uppereft shoulder, neck, arm and back.  The main "root" for the pain feels like it is coming from the left side of my back. think, I don't know too much about this so I may be off).   I had been visit many docs,even chiropatic
with a lot of xray,even suspect heart disease and perform angiogram.It does not improve.
It getting worst when more stress movement on my left side
My questions are these:

3) any additional advice?
thanks
god bless
***@****