Vertebra compression
I've been experiencing chronic back pain that has slowly gotten worse over the course of a year and a half. The pain is mostly occurring between my 11th and 12th rib, and at the very base of my 12th rib, where it connects to my spine. The pain also seems to be all along the entire 12th rib. Sitting and driving cause me severe pain. Any pressure against this area causes pain.
However, walking around seems to be OKay. The doctor ordered xrays of my lumbar and T-spine, and the results showed a compression of the T12 vertebra. He beleives this is most likely the cause of my pain. What exactly IS a compression of the T12 vertebra? Does this sound like the typically symptoms of a compression of the vertebra? What does this mean for my future, I'm only 26 years old! Does the compression normally correct itself, or am I stuck with it for life? Does surgery correct it? The doctor said that he's going to schedule a "thoracic medial branch block" injection to see if this will help my pain. Does anybody know anything about these types of injections, and do they normally help? The doctor said he needs to warn me that when doing these injections that my reproduction organs will be getting radiation, and since I'm a young woman who would like to start a family in the future, he needs to warn me about this. I'm wondering if this injection is going to affect my ability to have a child? I'm nervous about this, but, I just cannot live with this unbearable pain every day. If the pain wasn't that bad, then I'd just pass on the injection, but the pain is just so severe at times! I'd love to hear if anybody has any type of experience with this type of problem. THANK YOU!