Back & Neck Community
Vertigo and neck contracture

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Vertigo and neck contracture

Friday early morning I was awakened by the sensation of severe dizziness.  The whole room was spinning.  I manged, with help from my husband to sit up and then slowly walk to the bathroom.  When I went back to bed the dizziness started again and then subsided.  I went to see  an ear Dr.  and after checking, he said it was fine and that he thought my problem was due to a neck contracture.  I had been having a bad stiff neck for about two weeks. He gave me a muscle relaxer and a medication to the help circulation of blood to my brain.  The last two nights I only get the spinning of the room sensation if I turn on my right side lying on my bed.  I am wondering if I should consult my Neurologist since I have history of a herniatd disk in L4 and L5.  During the day I just get a little dizzy if I move my head in a certain positions.
Tags: vertigo, Neck
Yes, I would recommend you consult your Neurologist given your history of herniated disks/problems with your spine and go from there. After reading your symptoms,  I think there is something going on with the cervical spine.  

Keep us posted.
Thank you Londres for the recommendation of what is best to do, I will keep you posted.