Aa
A
A
Close
Vertigo and neck contracture
Friday early morning I was awakened by the sensation of severe dizziness.  The whole room was spinning.  I manged, with help from my husband to sit up and then slowly walk to the bathroom.  When I went back to bed the dizziness started again and then subsided.  I went to see  an ear Dr.  and after checking, he said it was fine and that he thought my problem was due to a neck contracture.  I had been having a bad stiff neck for about two weeks. He gave me a muscle relaxer and a medication to the help circulation of blood to my brain.  The last two nights I only get the spinning of the room sensation if I turn on my right side lying on my bed.  I am wondering if I should consult my Neurologist since I have history of a herniatd disk in L4 and L5.  During the day I just get a little dizzy if I move my head in a certain positions.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1268057 tn?1462734870
Yes, I would recommend you consult your Neurologist given your history of herniated disks/problems with your spine and go from there. After reading your symptoms,  I think there is something going on with the cervical spine.  

Keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you Londres for the recommendation of what is best to do, I will keep you posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources