Vertigo and neck contracture
Friday early morning I was awakened by the sensation of severe dizziness.  The whole room was spinning.  I manged, with help from my husband to sit up and then slowly walk to the bathroom.  When I went back to bed the dizziness started again and then subsided.  I went to see  an ear Dr.  and after checking, he said it was fine and that he thought my problem was due to a neck contracture.  I had been having a bad stiff neck for about two weeks. He gave me a muscle relaxer and a medication to the help circulation of blood to my brain.  The last two nights I only get the spinning of the room sensation if I turn on my right side lying on my bed.  I am wondering if I should consult my Neurologist since I have history of a herniatd disk in L4 and L5.  During the day I just get a little dizzy if I move my head in a certain positions.
Yes, I would recommend you consult your Neurologist given your history of herniated disks/problems with your spine and go from there. After reading your symptoms,  I think there is something going on with the cervical spine.  

Keep us posted.
Thank you Londres for the recommendation of what is best to do, I will keep you posted.