Very sharp pain in upper right shoulder only when I look down and to the left...
About 3 months ago I had a stiff neck for about 2 weeks - the feeling where you slept on it poorly and you know it will be stiff for awhile.  After a few weeks it started to feel normal, however, whenever I would turn my neck to the left and look down, I experience a very very sharp pain in my upper right shoulder, close to my neck.  Its like something is being pulled when I look in the opposite direction and down, but no idea what it could be.  I went to a neorologist and he took X-Rays of my neck and said all my discs looked normal and gave me a prescritption for physical therapy.  I haven't started, but this sharp pain has been there for almost 3 months and never gets better even though I haven't worked out or done anything to keep aggravating it.  

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?