Back & Neck Community
Very sharp pain in upper right shoulder only when I look down and to th...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Very sharp pain in upper right shoulder only when I look down and to the left...

About 3 months ago I had a stiff neck for about 2 weeks - the feeling where you slept on it poorly and you know it will be stiff for awhile.  After a few weeks it started to feel normal, however, whenever I would turn my neck to the left and look down, I experience a very very sharp pain in my upper right shoulder, close to my neck.  Its like something is being pulled when I look in the opposite direction and down, but no idea what it could be.  I went to a neorologist and he took X-Rays of my neck and said all my discs looked normal and gave me a prescritption for physical therapy.  I haven't started, but this sharp pain has been there for almost 3 months and never gets better even though I haven't worked out or done anything to keep aggravating it.  

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?