Weird side-effects from Lumbar cortisone injection...
Hello. I was wondering if anyone has experienced delayed side-effects from a lumbar cortisone injection? I had bilateral injections on 5-13-13 in my L 4/5 area for a herniated disk. 4 days later, I began having hot flashes with profuse sweating, increasing spiking pains down the outside of my legs (more focused than pain prior to the injection) and renewed intolerance to sitting (pressure creates sharp sciatic pain).  Also, frequent and cramping bowel movements. Everything else seems to be okay. Anyone else experience this? Is this something that passes or should I be concerned? Thanks.
Hi medicmommy,

I just finished reading your comments. These delayed symptoms sound
concerning. This is not a medical opinion. Based on your comments, I
think it might be helpful if you made an appointment with your family
doctor so you can discuss your symptoms, ask questions and get some
medical advise from your doctor. Hope this helps. Eve :)
Hello, I had lumbar shots for 2 years and the Doctor advised me ahead of time to let him know if I had any side effects that were strange or of a medical emergency.

I do think that a phone call and visit to your doctor should be a top priority in your case.

Good luck to you

M
I agree with myoungatheart I was told the same thing, to notify the pain doctor who did the injections.
Thanks everyone. I called and he said that I was having a delayed reaction to the injections and they should calm down within the next few days. Although some of the symptoms are unusual, they are not unheard of. It is likely the change in pain status is temporary and should improve as well. so, I am waiting with crossed fingers...:P