Back & Neck Community
What IS this vibration?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

What IS this vibration?

My question is "what can this possibly be?"

I am a 45 year old female with a history of sciatica issues (extreme lower back, buttock, leg and foot pain)

I have recently begun experiencing a light "vibration sensation" (depending on which way I move) from my extreme lower back and around the anus. I know it is laughable, but the sensation is not unlike setting a beeper to vibrate and holding it against my extreme lower back, except the sensation is coming from within.

Past history also includes left thigh becoming numb when standing for great lengths of time. The thigh numbness is immediately relieved by sitting down.

Comments...PLEASE?? Thanks so much!
Tags: irritable
I believe it is nerve issues and you do not see too many posts on here about that. I do  not have ot where you have it but I get it at the other spot. It is very uncomfortable. I posted about that before. It feels like my cell phone on vibrate. I told the guy doing my EMG about it because the doctors never give me answer on that one. He said it was a nerve. I find if I lay a certain way I can get it to stop but if I move it comes back. I do not have it all the time it just comes and goes. It is inside and a very irritating feeling. Sorry you have to have the same thing going on. It is about time I seen someone write about this. Thanks for sharing.
Chadry
Thanks so much for your comments....while I hate that we both have such disconcerting sensations, it is good to know I am not alone and someone can at least "relate." I also occasionally have the sensation in the "other" place to which you referred. Ugh!
All day yesterday I had a vibration/buzzing feeling in my lower back. I first noticed it while sitting in chuch and assuming I just happened to be sitting overtop of a machine running in the basement or something. But while home it continued and stayed with me all day no matter where I was. It even occurred lying down. This morning I don't notice it. So, I'm checking online this morning to see what it may have been. I did take up bike riding the past week and assume it is nerve damage I've caused while riding. I'm 57 and grossly out of shape so the sudden bike riding may have damaged something. Sure hope not but having a vibrating butt isn't anything I can easily tell anyone about. They'll think I'm nuts. :)
Very weird, my wife and I have just been laughing about this one.  I have degenerative disc disease and this is the latest development in my condition.  It is not painful or very annoying, but it is quite funny and frightning at the same time as it terrifies me what will go wrong next.  Nerve issues in this area can be a little complicated and, dare I ay it, messy!  Let's hope it's all good vibrations!
I had this start 4-5 days ago. Like you it doesnt hurt but it is rather annoying. It seems to have different "settings" too. Sometimes its a stronger buzzing and its happening every few minutes. Even when I lay down it doesnt go away. Did anyone else who posted have it stop? and how long if it did finally go away? I don't want to go pay for a Dr. visit if it is temporary.