Back & Neck Community
Why chest x rays?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Why chest x rays?

I have had back problems for many years.
Lately I have been experiencing numbness and tingling around my left shoulder blade area, and lower back pain.
My doctor is sending me for xrays and a bone density test today.
I can understand the bone density test as osteo runs high in my family. My mom was my age (40's) when she had her hip replacement.
What I can't understand is why he only ordered chest xrays for my initial problem...the numbness and lower back pain.
The chest x ray might tell him what ( if anything) is wrong with the shoulder blade area, but what about the lower back...that's where the pain is.

Also, I'm kind of curious to know if the bone density test will show all of my past broken bones. Not sure what areas they test. How long will it take to get the results?