Widespread pain
I've had stiffness In my neck for a couple months on the left side,now I'm feeling pain on the outside of my shoulders as well as sharp stabbing pain near my spine In the middle of my back.My left hamstring Is nagging me as well.Could this all be related to one problem?Thanks 37 year old male.
Yes! It could be something called fibromyalgia. I'm not sure what the exact definition is, but it's generally pain all over the body. Do a search and you will be sure to find out all there is to know about it. It could be something else entirely, or any number of things. If it keeps up, see your PCP, and "get the ball rolling". Who knows the sooner you find out what's going on, the sooner you'll be feeling better! Good luck, and take care,
                                                       shinty
Thanks shinty.That has crossed my mind lately.Honestly I just need to know what's up.
My pain Dr. First tries a drug called Lyrica for patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia. i think one gets "automatically" diagnosed with it once everything else is ruled out! I'm also on Lyrica along with methadone and oxycodone for chronic low back/leg pain. The Lyrica is for my leg pain, which is caused by "nerve pain" as my doctor tells me. I think it may also have some antidepressant qualities, or something like that. I should know, since I have been taking it since the drug went on the market! I'm going to do a little research and find out what I can about Lyrica, just "for the fun of it"!. I haven't noticed any radical side-effects or anything like that. I guess that's why I haven't researched it or anything. I was also on a drug called soma for a long time. It's a very good muscle relaxant IMHO. It's a great alternative to valium also, IMHO. feel free to contact me anytime if you need to talk, or have any more questions. I'm happy to help out any way i can. It's one good way to make me feel good about myself, and ward off the "evil depression"!!! Take care,
                                      shinty
Thanks again,I'm thinking somethings pinching on a nerve,did the dishes this morning and the left side of my back went numb within a couple minutes.