Back & Neck Community
accutane and low back pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

accutane and low back pain

i have just started to take accutane and i am on my 9th day. i work out alot by doing weightlifting and running. i am feeling joint pain in the lower back area. A year ago i injured my lower back and it took months to heal. i am wondering if there is somthing that i can take to help my pain and if these symptoms are only temporary.  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
712802_tn?1274649085
Be careful pushing back pain! I have a lot of back / spine issues. I take some pretty heavy medication, but as far as OTC meds go, I find Liquid Gel Advil helps me the most. A couple of things to keep in mind: Ibuprofen can damage your kidneys and acetaminophen (Tylenol) can damage your liver. Prescription meds like hydrocodone have acetaminophen in them. Good luck.
Blank
Treating pain with OTC nedications will only help alleviate the symptoms for a short time.  It is important to obtain a medical evaluation and appropriate diagnostic tests.
The weight lifting and running you have done may be aggravating factors and you should curtail any major activity until seen by a doctor.
Tanglewood is correct in his precautionary statements regarding ibuprofen and Tylenol.
If there is any possibility of consulting a physician, that is your best option in determining the cause of your back pain and the best options for treatment.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...