Back & Neck Community
after disc operation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

after disc operation

last august, after much pain, i was operated on for lower back disc-5-. the only stress i have now in my back is when i am seated for a long time and then try to get up. i can get up and it takes about a minute or two before  strain is alleviated by my walking. but my main problem now is pain between  the big toe and the curve in the foot as it goes up to the shin bone. it gets intensive after i do walking; and it is painful when the shoe i am wearing presses on this part of my foot. could you tell me what i have to do to alleviate the pain? i cannot walk without shoes in the street or at my job. perhaps placing my foot in hot water for a time would help heal whatever needs healing inside. the press of the shoe on the area creates a kind of a feeling of a tearing or deep scratch in the bone.
   mel tal
-8 Comments Post a Comment
I too had the exact surgery just this past July 23 and I have the same pain, sometimes it is so bad I could cut the foot off. Have you seen your dr. about it yet? I have an appointment with my surgon on the 9th of Sept,but thats a long time away. I have not found anything to mke the pain stop until then. Hot water just makes it hurt worse to me. Let me know how it turned out.