Back & Neck Community
air pocket

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

air pocket

Dear Doctor ;
                     I am a 43 year old fuel hauler i deliever gasoline to gas stations.Back on 1/27/08 i slipped on some ice getting out of my truck while making a delievery.I jammed my butt bone i guess u call it. The workmans comp doctor did a xray and said i had degenerative disc diesease and sent me to a nuero surgeon.To make a long story shorter the surgeon did a lower lumbar fusion surgery on me 4/18/08.the meds Iam on then and now are 20mg oxycodone one every 8 hours and hydrocodone 7.5/500 one every four hours. I go to one appt.a month with a xray that i take the day before each Doctors's visit.The doctor has always says the xray looks good and refills my meds and says ill see you next month,but the pain has been getting gradually worse instead of better.On 7/28/08 which was a saturday morning i had enough of the pain and not sleeping I went to the E.R. The er doctor did a xray and a MRI. After the results came back the ER.DR. said that the MRI showed there was some sort of pocket, at this time she called my surgeon in.The surgeon operated on me the following monday saying he wanted to take some cultures to see if the pocket had infection in it.Well the next morning he came to my room and said that he took some cultures but that the pocket didn't look like there was any infection in it.So i asked him why was my pain getting worse and what was in the pocket.? I never got a straight answer.He said we will have to wait on the cultures.I was released the next day on a tuesday and this is the following sunday morning and i have still not heard from him yet.So my question is could that pocket have been just a air pocket.? I do trust my surgeon and thank god for him every day, Its just im sitting here hurting and i really dont understand why. Thanks for your time
                                                                                               chuck064