Back & Neck Community
any help ideas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

any help ideas

i was riding my horse the other day and he decided to buck through an electric fence and get his legs caught he then bucked all the way down the track until we got to the yard which is concrete but covered in grass, i lost my balance and after another few bucks i came off but ending up going up and coming down backwards in a v shape so it was my tail bone that copped it first, my first thought was that i had broken my back couldn't move, i stayed there for about 10 minutes then got helped up and sat for a while, the bottom of my back is very swollen and bruised i cant get comfy at any time, i am also having headaches everyday mostly if i move and it hurts my back pain shoots from my head,, im stuck whether to go for x rays or just wait it out, as i want to be able to get back riding asap, the accident happened 3 days ago and is getting worse
thanks
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include injuries to ligaments/ tendons, muscles, bone bruise, fractures, inflammations etc. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by a primary care physician or an orthopedician at your earliest convenience for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile I would suggest some rest with warm compresses/ OTC NSAIDS and see if these seem to help
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!