Back & Neck Community
back and leg pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

back and leg pain

hi im just wondering if anyone else has suffered with back ache and pain that goes down to hip and top of leg. it an achy pain down my hip and leg. ii thought that i was pregnant but i took a test and it was negative and thought the 2 could be linked but im not so just need some advice really.
Your symptoms are suggestive of sciatica. Sciatica is a symptom not a diagnosis It is a non-specific term commonly used to describe symptoms of pain radiating downward from the buttock over the posterior or lateral side of the lower limb. It is caused by certain positions are usually associated with continually holding a poor posture either at home or at work.

Imaging methods such as MR Neurography may help diagnosis and treatment of sciatica. You can take OTC pain killers like brufen,do some stretching exercises and yoga and maintain a correct upright posture while sitting.

Severe cases may require surgery.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

hi well i went the doctors and she felt my back n could find anything and didn't mention anything about sciatica. just gave me some strong anti inflammatories and thats it but im still suffering now.