back and shoulder pain
I have had upper back pain and shoulder pain for 5 years. The pain starts in the middle of my shoulder blade and goes up to my mid bicep only on my right side. I play volleyball and I use to be an outside hitter. It hurt then but not to the extent it does now. Just a few months ago I became a libero which doesn't hit at all. But now it hurts all day long and it hurts to write or put any weight like bags or even carrying stuff like books with my right arm. I streatch a lot before I practice or play a game, I put ice and heat on my shoulder afterwards, I take advil, and I go to the chiropracter but I still hurt the next day. I dont know what is wrong with me and I would like some answers. I am 15 years old and probably shouldn't be having these types of problems.Could you please help me by giving me some suggestions??  
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, joint inflammation/ degeneration, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, inflammations, spinal causes such as degeneration, micronutrient deficiencies, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought. Meanwhile you could take some tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS and see of these seem to help.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!