Back & Neck Community
back help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

back help

mri findings: normal stature and alignment of lumbar vertebrate with mild desiccation involving the l4-l5 and l5-s1 intervertebral discs. no anterior listhesis is identified. Minimal signal alteration involving medullary bone is secondary to benign hemangiomas. The conus is unremarkable and terminates at the T12 level . No cluping of the nerve roots consistent with arachnoididtis are identified. L5-S1: mild disc bulge is present which does not result in lateral recess, central canal m, or neural foraminal stenosis. L4-L5: mild disc bulge with a 3mm subligamentous disc protrusion and annular tear are present which do not result in lateral recess or central canal stenosis. no neural foraminal stenosis is present . L2-L4 thr. L1-L2 no no abnormalities identified .     I had car accident and my lower back is killing me it takes me at lest and hour to get around. Any way been to pain mgnt. doc to get 2 epidual shots. didn't work so he send me to other doc and he told me that i could have scilac nerve and a siatic (sciatic) nerve problem. and he send me back to first doc to get another epidual shot. These doctor's are very short with me and act as if i'm faking it. the one doctor tells me you can't see sciliac nerve on an x-ray or CT. And the doctor that has been giving me my epidual shots did a discogram and said that they couldn't reproduce my pain so he doesnt' no what to do . But he also was the same doctor that said he didn't see anything that said i had a annular tear but 2 other doctor did tell that they saw it. I had on doctor tell me that i had some fluid leaking out but when he found out that i didn't have problems until i was in car accident he said oh i don't know about that . It seems all 3 of these doctor i've been too are apart of the same group but they don't seemed to want to spent any time expaining this report to me and just want to give me shot and run up my health bill and send me on my way the discogram over 12 thousand dollars . And i'm still not anyplace closer to getting any releive . I don't understand the mri and need to know if anyone can help me find a doctor that will work with me due to this was a car accident but most importantly i need help to get relieve of my back pain. I hurt everyday and my job doesnt' help matters but i have to work someone has to pay bills. These doctors I have now seem to want to do the most $costly procedure they can. When they did the discogram doctor stood on my right side , I thought that was a bit odd do to he always stands on my left side when he does the epidural shots . (pain is mainly on left side) and also they said they marked they side of my back w/magic marker before the discogram, if they did that then they must have done it when they put me out.First pain I felt was like a electric current down my right leg then he told nurse to give me the forget me drug (forgot the name of drug). So I don't remember anything elsa about that surgery. Everyone else that has had one done said it was very painful, so what's up with that.? If anyone could refer me to a doctor in oklahoma city, or tulsa, oklahoma that has better bed side manners they these doctors please help. This has going on for over 4 yrs. now. thanks so much for reading
Hi!
Generally multiple vertebral joint involvement, disc bulges and other problems are managed conservatively. The treatment is a combination of pain killers, muscle relaxants, physiotherapy, manual therapy, hydrotherapy, and exercise. Most people respond to this. You could wear a lumbo-scaral corset while you are up and about.
You need a combination of most of these approaches for optimum pain relief. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.