back pain/ chest pain... what does it mean?!?
for the past 4 weeks I have been having some uncomfortable chest pains. went to the hospital and they told me that i have chest wall pain. then i started having abdominal pain, the hospital referred me to a GI. i can't eat anything without feeling like it's stuck in my chest. i have an appointment for an upper endoscopy. Now i'm having lower back pain and burning sensations all over my back. i have trouble sleeping and going to work, even sitting in my car from the pain. does anyone know what this could be?!?
The symptoms you describe can be related to many different conditions.  If you are experiencing chest pain without evidence of cardiac abnormalities, it could be a referred pain related to your GI symptoms.  The burning sensations of your low back may be a similar situation.
Unfortunately, until the diagnostic testing is completed, it would be hazardous to offer any assessment of the probable diagnosis.
While it is difficult to undergo testing which does not clearly explain the symptoms you are having, the doctors will no doubt rule out some conditions and be able to narrow the potential diagnoses as testing proceeds.
The important thing is to try and control any anxiety that you are feeling as increased anxiety can exacerbate your symptoms and make life quite miserable.
Be cautious about your food intake, don't lie down after eating for about 2hrs to reduce the risk of regurgitation.  Hopefully the upper endoscopy will offer some solutions and a course of treatment.
Post again with an update and any additional questions/concerns you may have.
Best wishes ----
thank you so much for commenting. i have my upper endoscopy next week, so hopefully i will get some answers from that. but i'm not giving up. will update with results. thanks again.