Back & Neck Community
back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

back pain

I have been having severe lower back pain. Told my OBGYN and had her look at it. I have severe swelling in the center of my lower back and my symptoms are just like a sciatic nerve pain. Im curious about the swelling. She told me she hasnt seen anything like it. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be? I had a bad car accident about 5 years ago and was told that my back was out of alignment.  I never had a major issue until a month ago. Please help me thanks.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. The swelling could be a contusion formed due to inflammation or a lipoma or it could be a bony projection due to misalignment of bones. You will need an MRI and maybe CT scan to find the cause. Please show this to a neurologist.  Please discuss with your doctor and schedule an MRI if you can (while you wait to see the neurologist). Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.