bone spur in necks
have a bone spur in my neck c4 5  has to be removed.  how serious is this surgery and is it similar to a disc replacement. Can it be done othroscopically.

thanks just scared  Dibetic type 2  and scared of problems.  

thanks for any help
Hello ray,
     I have already had disc replacement and it is not so bad if u have the right dr.I made sure that I needed the surgery.I went to get two opinions and it came out that I had something called a ruptured petrusion..is that the same thing as a bone spur? I had a bone spur removal in my left ear and had it removed it was so easy..but the neck was a different story..a little more complex since the dc told me that I had a 50/50 chance to wind up in a wheelchair.I almost backed out but the pain and not being able to sleep was awful...little did I know that things would only get worse..I don't know if they did the surgery wrong or if they did the ESI wrong for the pain from the surgery...Oh..I also have a T3-T4 compressed fracture that they just left..why? does anyone know..that just doesn't make sense..I have even been back since and told them that I was still suffering so much in my neck and back area and ....nothing...what does that mean..that they just do half the job and leave u w/the rest of it..I had good ins. at the time now I have Medicaid and it has been a journey trying to see a Neuro.,but going tomorrow to get an MRI of my Lumbar..I hope they see what is wrong w/me soon....I am soooo tired of the numbness....I am numb in my hands and feet..and have been dx w/carpel tunnel in both hands and how is that possible????... if I haven't worked since '04...so I don't see how.If anyone knows anything @ this please let me know..
I sure hope u check ur possibilties out that u could have something else or just be careful b4 u let someone cut on u...Take care and GOD BLESS....