Back & Neck Community
bowling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

bowling

will it hurt to bowl while having pinch nerve in neck, which cause pain in left arm
Certain sports will make the pain worse because of neck positioning. Bowling require neck extension and will typically aggravate this pain. Other sports such as swimming, cycling, and volleyball have components of extension inherent, which will also cause momentary shoulder and arm pain. The follow through in the golf swing and the serve in tennis require momentary neck extension that can cause a “jolt” of pain during the maneuver.

I hope this information will help you.
I was scheduled to get RFA early Feb. Laying on the table and everything. After 20 minutes of the Dr. doing his thing, he finally said that he couldn't "in all good practice" continue the procedure due to the fact that if he finished, some of the muscles that would be affected would spasm for the rest of my life. Luckily I have a practitioner who thinks long range. The question now is "what's next?" I have an appt with him next week to talk about other options. He mentioned a possible Lumbar epidural. Anyone have success with this or a similar situation?