Back & Neck Community
broken disc?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

broken disc?

just had mri and was told by pa that i had a broken left lumbar disc  a piece broke off and have a month wait to see the doctor to get a better explaination. don't want to use another neourologist he did my c3-4 spinal fusion and is the best but i don't really understand what is going on had a fall 3 months ago and the pain had gotten worse over time anti imflamitories aren't working and now i'm up to percocet for pain and that is only taking the edge off.
Tags: disc
Do you have a copy of the MRI results?  If you could post the clinical findings noted on the report, we might be able to assist you further.
I am sorry you have to wait so long for the neurologist appt. Is there any way you can be put on a cancellation list --- if someone cancels an appt would they schedule you?
From your post it appears that your pain is in the lumbar area due to the "broken" disc.
Are you also experiencing neck pain or other symptoms related to your cervical spine post fusion?
The "broken" disc could be a result of your traumatic fall, but could also be related to a degenerative disc disease in your lumbar spine similar to degenerative changes in your cervical spine that required fusion.
Please update with the clinical findings on your MRI report and additional assistance will be provided.
Best wishes ----
my bro has simelar problem but pain killers r not helping but messing with head and causeing him not to do enything he is dieing and dose not even no his situation please help