Back & Neck Community
bruised tailbone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

bruised tailbone

Ive bruised my tailbone but in the actual crack (of my bum) i have a really painful lump, its red n bloomin sore, is this all linked? help me please
Sounds like it may be a pilonidal cyst. It is a cyst that develops along the tailbone. A friend of mine just had one and she said it was the most painful thing she has ever experienced. Hers looked like a red raised area (barely noticeable) but when u pushed on it (very very sore) and it was firm. She had a very tiny white dot (almost like a pimple) that when the doctor poked it, it drained large amounts of yellow thick drainage and she had relief finally. She also had to go in and get it surgically drained. The only thing that made it feel even slightly better before that was soaking in a hot tub. But hurt to sit, stand, lay down, everything. Look it up online. Good luck.