Back & Neck Community
bulging disc T10, T11,T12, and L1

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

bulging disc T10, T11,T12, and L1

What can be done about bulging disc?
Tags: Pain
I am 25 years old and this is my story. I am so glad I don't feel alone and that I am not the only one. Last year, October, 2010, I was fully stopped at a red light and a drunk driver rear-ended me. I then slammed into three cars in front of me. He was going nearly 50MPH Talk about whiplash by three times, if not more! I have had several X-rays and two MRI's on my back and neck. The results are my mid-back T10 and T11 bulging disks and my sciatic nerve is damaged and I have been suffering severe pain.
I have gone to the chiropractor, physical therapy and acupuncture, and to several doctors who prescribed me pain meds and send me on my way. That all hasn't been effective.

After a year of stressing on what's the next best thing, I am looking into going to Interventional Pain Management where they do cortisone injections and massage. I hope this works, because I hate the idea of getting surgery. I feel like this is the one last thing I can do to help before surgery. Any suggestions?
aug 2011 i was rear ended at a stop light by a car traveling 50mph there was a car in front of me and behind me cracked the c3 and c4 and crushed the t10 disk. i feel your pain. i have been looking for a back brace.  ***@****