Back & Neck Community
bulging disc c-5/c-6 & c-7/c-8 and pain in neck and shoulder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

i'm a 20yr old female with a protruding disc in the very middle of my neck from an accident in april of 07 and well this passed sunday at about 5:30 am i was having trouble breathing thru my nose so i decided to turn over. i was laying on my right side. when i turned over i woke up in tears i couldn't turn my head left i couldn't look up or down. i wasn't laying any odd way i was laying straight my head was straight i woke up in the same position i fell asleep. i don't understand and the pain is from my head to my ear down the side of my neck my shoulder and all around my shoulder blade. when i did get up around 2:30 PM i hadn't eatin anything and i decided to take a pretty warm shower and about half way thru i felt like i might be sick everything went blurry and i felt very very weak. i thought for sure i was going to pass out. when i threw back the certain my reflection was PALE. i then sat on the floor and as the cool air hit me i slowly began to feel better. that was the FIRST time that has ever happened to me. this morning i got up still hurting had a bisket. took some generic advil and i have the same pain and i have the shakes. anybody know that the deal is? i'm worried.
I have a protruding disc at C6-7, and I also experience shaking, nausea, and light-headedness, in addition to severe pain.  I haven't followed up with my doctor yet, so I don't really know if they are normal to the condition.  The good news is that you aren't the only one experiencing them.

Have you been prescribed any pain meds?  I'm taking Ultram, and it wrks wonders for me.  I'm also on Mobic and Zanaflex, but I take those rarely, because they make me a little loopy.  I took Advil before getting my prescription, but it helped only so much.  Talk to your PCP or specialist and hopefully they will give you something to help ease the pain, which in turn helps with the other symptoms.