Back & Neck Community
c5 and c4 herniated disc

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

c5 and c4 herniated disc

Hello everyone,
I have herniated disc at c5 and c4, will start physical therapy at the end of the week.

Has anyone been through a herniated disc, I'm on the medicine that helps but makes me very sleepy. Thinking there has to be a better way.

Recently I"m getting pain in the right rib or lung not sure why. Anyone else felt this?

Feel free to share your experiences, especially if you had an herinated disc and what you did to stop the pain and how your treatement went and how long it took to get better.

thanks,

Tags: herniated disc, herniated, discs, disc, Pain, Lung, help, get better, pains, medicines
It's big question,But I suggest you to get answer from specialist or input more detail about your symptom here.
Good luck!
Avatar n tn
I have heard of a type of arthritis of the back, that causes the bones to start to fuse together and this can cause pain in the rib or lung area..... I cannot remember the exact name of the arthritis, but I am sure you could probably find info on it on the net....
To all concerned re: cervical disc herniations and osteoarthritis of neck with stenosis:
I had an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion of C4-C7 done on 2/17/09. Within two hours of the surgery, my neck, shoulder, arm pain and numbness was completely gone!
I have some shoulder tenderness from being positioned on the O.R table in a hyperextension of my neck, but am taking a muscle relaxant with good relief.  Amazingly, I did not experience any problems with hoarseness of my voice or difficulty swallowing.  Three discs removed, large osteophytes removed (surgeon said my neck vertebrae had fused together due to osteophyte growth and surgery was 3 hours long).
The end result is better than I could have imagined.  Free of pain for the first time in months!  So, anyone facing a similar situation, please be aware that excellent results can be achieved (especially with a very skilled neurosurgeon.)  So if you are reading forums where people are talking about the problems they experienced postop, keep in mind that I came through it and feel remarkably well!
Best wishes to everyone and may you all obtain the wonderful results that I have been blessed to achieve!