Back & Neck Community
can MILD DDD L5,S1 cause terrible chronic pain?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can MILD DDD L5,S1 cause terrible chronic pain?

I went to physical therapy and Trigger point therapy for pelvic organ prolapse in May 2013.  I was not in much pain until after the treatment. They had me doing hip rotations and spine stretches and kegels and internal trigger pint therapy.  Suddenly I have had lower R quad pain, Hip pain, Lower right Back, buttock, back of thigh pain for 9 months.  After this pain started in May, I had and MRI and a Ct scan done. they showed MILD DDD L5, S1.  Could this be causing this pain? I can not function very well at all, Havent been out with friends much and haven't been able to work now for quite awhile.   I was told I probably have myofascial pain syndrome or some musculoskeletal disorder, but this pain most defin started after my treatment began. I went from being able to hike, dance and sled, to hardly being able to walk, sit or sleep without constant pain.  I think something was injured when I was in treatment, maybe a nerve or a tendon, something.  Any ideas?
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. If the pain is due to nerve compression then it may respond to physiotherapy, acupressure, pain killers, dry needling etc. An EMG/NCV may be helpful to differentiate between a nerve or a muscle cause. Other possibilities could be autoimmune disease, muscle disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank