can myelogram dye cause tarlov cysts?
Hi Doctor. I asked you a couple of questions about having lower back pain after a cervical myelogram. It's been 3 months and a mri showed tarlov cysts, the largest one 7 mm but it says they are usually of no consequence. The rest of the lumbar mri was unremarkable. I am certain that the cysts are causing my pain. Is it possible that when the dye was injected the pressure increase caused these to become symptomatic? The pain started as soon as the dye was injected and has continued with leg weakness and buttock pain and numbness. Thanks. Any info. will be appreciated.

This discussion is related to lower back pain after having a myelogram.
Do you know if these cysts can sometimes get better or if they will more than likely continue causing pain? Sorry for so many questions but I've never heard of this before. I was expecting a herniated disc or something to be causing this. Thank you for your time. You're a big help to a lot of people.
Tarlov cysts are out of my level of expertise.  I wish I could provide further assistance.
You might want to check this web site:  www.tarlovcystfoundation.org  It might help you learn more about how this condition is treated.  I believe there is also a forum discussion available to individuals who use the site or a method to contact the foundation for more detailed answers.
It might help with communication if you are able to print any of the material to show your  current physicians.  Maybe they will be more receptive to your concerns.
Keep me posted -- I am always eager to learn more!
Note the thread started below.  It looks like there are others sharing your situation.  I hope you get some answers soon as no one should need to endure pain without some form of relief offered.
Thanks. I really appreciate you. I'm sorry to bother you, I just don't know what to do. It gets so bad at times and I just kind of get crazy to be honest with you. Thanks again.