Back & Neck Community
cervical spine problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

cervical spine problems

Indication: Neck pain radiating to both arms and hands.
T1 T2-weighted sagittal and axial images were obtained.
The cervical cord returns a normal signal. Multiple levels of disc degeneration are
seen. These are best shown at C5/C6 where there is a significant disc bulge noted.
The bulge is impinging anteriorly on the theca and extending slightly to
involve the left lateral recess. A similar, though less prominent, lesion is noted
at C6/C7.
I have problems swallowing, my ears and head constantly pulsate sometimes i am sick form the dizzyness. My arms and hands are sometimes numb. What can I do please help
Has the Doctor who ordered this MRI offered you any Treatment Options such as Physical Therapy or epidural injections? What are your Doctors recommending and how long have you been dealing with this?
Thank you for your response.
My GP has advised injections are too dangerous e.g could cause paralysis and physio is also too dangerous as one wrong move could lead to implications. I have been given a drug to help. I paid a private consultant to look at the MRI images he was quite angry that I have been left with this condition untreated and explained that it is quite serious and need to see an orthopedic spinal specialist, my GP said that they have a protocol to follow under the NHS and he can not refer me as yet!!! I am in so much discomfort, my life is on hold at present and need some more advice or help ASAP. I am generally an active person. I have had this problem on going for years I have been diagnosed with Virus's and meneries sydrome but actually have none of this, as now it has been confirmed it is my neck causing my symptoms. I feel that no one actually wants to help me. If I had the money I would go privately. What do you suggest? Thanks
Its a good thing you hired the consultant to look at the images, and by no means should you have injections or P.T. if it could be dangerous for you. I'm from the U.S. so I have no idea how the NHS  works. What is the protocol that your GP is referring to, that you been in as much pain as possible before they help you? Do you have any idea when you will be able to see a specialist?

I don't know what to suggest because I'm not at all familiar with the system your dealing with. Doesn't the opinion of your consultant validate your urgent need to see a specialist? I hope things work out somehow.

Take Care
Thank you for your response. I have asked the private specialist to see if he can help.