Back & Neck Community
cervical spondylosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

cervical spondylosis

I have had previous anterior cervical fusion at c5-c6 with anterior plate and screws in good position.  There is prominent ventral impression on the thecal sac centrally and to the left of c6-c7 related to a combination of spur and disc.  Predominant pathology is osseous.  There is a spinal stenosis with canal measuring 9.8 mm at c6-c7.  The canal also shows narrowing at c4-c5 secondary to spurring.  The canal measures 9.8 mm at this level.  There is a narrowing of the canal to the left at c3-c4 secondary to large spur with canal measuring 9.5 mm.  Minimal cord flattening on the left at c4-c5.  No foraminal stenosis.

Can someone please shed some light on this?  Seems to me I am gonna need to have surgery to remove some bone spurs soon.  Does this sound like I am right?
It really depends on your pain level.  If it gets to the unbearable point, I guess you're going to have to have something done about it.
I am just afraid the spurs will end up doing un-repairable damage if I let it go to long..  Pain level varies.  Someday's it's so bad I don't want to move.  Living on the percocet and zanaflex daily.  I go back to the Dr. tomorrow.  I fear what he is gonna tell me.  Having already gone through Cervical Fusion, I really don't want to have to go through that kind of surgery again.  Recovery from that is excruciating....
I know what you're saying about the recovery, I've been through it myself, twice!

Take Care
Hi! You are strong as a bull.  I won't doubt your courage to get better.  Just see your Dr tomorrow and believe that you will get better. Tonight, I will pray for you, please do some positive thinking like picture yourself  that you are healed.  You back is straight without abnormalities.  If the pain strike you.  hit the shower right away.   Keep us posted.  I like to hear from you.
Well did not get good news today.. I have to have surgery.  And as soon as possible.. My left hand strength is greatly diminished.  Having bladder control issues as well.  He referred me to the Neurosurgeon today.  Said I need to get this done as soon as possible to keep the diminished strength from being permanent.  Which is a definite possibility if I let this too much longer... Not a happy camper to say the least.....