Back & Neck Community
chest wall pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

chest wall pain

Good day. I've been suffering from chest pain for a couple of months now. I thought it was strained that's why it's hurting but then the pain is just getting worst, my Doctor told me to take aleeve as it can take away the inflamation (inflammation) that's causing the pain but it didn't work, so I finally asked him to do a request for an X-ray and just last week they said the found a bone island on the 1st rib on the left side, I just wanted to know if this is something to be concerned of, the pain is still here and it's getting worst everyday. Can somebody suggest on what kind of specialist should I see. Thanks so much
Hi there!

A bone island should not be anything to worry about and would not require treatment. Possible causes of your symptoms include chest wall inflammation, pleuritis, causes related to the GI or respiratory tract etc. You could consider seeing an internist for evaluation of your chest pain. After a cause is identified it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you so much.I will set an appointment with the family Dr and ask if he could refer me to an internist. The pain is still here and it's really making me worry...