Back & Neck Community
chronic pain following a car accident 2 years ago
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chronic pain following a car accident 2 years ago

I have had chronic pain in my right side neck centre down my shoulder and right side limbs constant burning which is exaggerated when doing anything physical,ironing hoovering anything requiring use of my right side muscles
cramps in my neck ,I get so tired if i over do things and find I have to rest most of the time just to get by withour being an emotional wreck..my life has become so difficult.
I have been diagnose with PSTD which I cam having treatment for Ive had 6 sessions so far which is helping with my anger and frustration however the physical disability remains with a vengeance...
I had an mri scan last month (2years nearly since my accident) which shows a bulging disc at c5/c6 impringing on nerve rootlet left side...however most of my pain is right side although i am right handed is this possible???
Also my gp has referred me to a muskoscelotal clinic as i am not getting anywhere...the insurance gp for the purpose of any claim has stated that its not possible to have pain on right side with bulge on left and isnt consistent with mri scan also the muscle and soft tissue damage would have healed with 18months???
Im confused I have never suffered so much in all my life and this the first time I have been off work
does anyone have any advice or similar experience