Back & Neck Community
cramping pain in buttock and leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

cramping pain in buttock and leg

I need advice desperately.  Several years ago I began having pain in my left groin area, later in my right.  Now pain in those areas have diminished and I have a aching in my lower back on the right into my buttock, which feels like a big cramp most of the time, and down into my right upper thigh.  Sometimes when I get up I have to back up against a wall or sit down as I will get a burning, searing pain.  Stretching it out, walking, sitting and bending over or criss crossing my legs alleviate the pain.  Sitting for long periods kill me for days.  I bear it way longer than I should and then I go to the chiropractor.  This helps, it really does, but can I do something else to help for longer periods of time?  I've had MRI's, etc.  My chiropractor's last bill diagnosed the following:  (1) segmental/somatic dysfun. sacral, (2) neurities/radiculitis/lumbar, (3) segmental/somatic dysfunc/lumbar, and (4) facet's syndrome.
Tags: Pain, sciatica
sounds like sciatica? I have spells of severe pain in my lower back, through my right butt cheek, then down to my right knee. Sciatica will knock the **** out of you if it hits hard, the pain will be there no matter what you do. sounds pretty mild right now if you can alieviate the pain by switching positions? see a good dr. and have him do an MRI, there may be a way to fix it with a little medication or P.T. I had a bad bout with sciatica and ended up finding it was caused by l4,l5 disc slippage pinching the sciatic nerve.did the whole chiro thing with very little difference? 3 weeks ago my pain level went to a solid 10 and had to be taken by ambulance to the ER. where they injected meds every 2 hours just to keep me from crying like a baby! Don't want to freak you out about the pain and problems your having, just keep on top of it. Don't think it will go away because it may get worse? see your dr and see what he thinks, chiro's do help some people but a good dr can see a bigger picture as far as what it will take to get you BETTER not just relieve your symptoms.

Good Luck!
I need help!
I have severe pain from cramps in my buttocks and leg- not sciatica, but likely related to my spine misalignment? I do have scoliotis and other spine ailments, I have had a major spinal surgery about 5 years ago.
Any stretches?
I need ideas for relief!
Megg111