Back & Neck Community
deformed coccyx

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

deformed coccyx

Hi there, i am 29 yrs old soon to be 30! I have had back pains since i was young and rececntly have just found out, after finally going to the doctor (as my pain is getting quite bad on sitting standing or even when walking, more so than when i was younger)and having an xray done of my coccyx, that my coccyx is deformed and is also bent to the side, i was asked if i had ever broken it but my coccyx has always felt the way it does and i always thought it was normal, till showing friends and upon going to the doctor she took one look and said it looked like i had a very pretruding spine, so she sent me for and xray. i did explain that i was born very premature (my mum was just under six months when she had me),and if that had anything to do with it, as my mum did say i did not have any spine  xrays at all when i was born. i am also suffering with pain at times in the side of my back like a sharp stabbing pain, when i put my foot down, this tends to come and go sometimes lasts a couple of days sometimes a little longer, andf am wondering if you could advise what this could be, is it related to by coccyx in anyway.My doctor has not told me what my condition is called, she just tolde me,the onlything i have to look forward too is chronic severe back pain , pain killers and physio, as the do not operate on the coccyx!  my mum has many back problems such as lordosis,kyphosis, scoliosis, shuamens disease, osteoprosis,rumatorode arthritis,she also has a cyst which is traviling up the spine to the cenrtal nervouse system. these are just the things i can remeber that she has wrong, but my other female relatives all also have many back conditions, it seems to run ithe women in the family, so could you pleas also tell me if i the doctor should be sending me for other tests or exrays or an mri, not really sure but my mum seems to think that my doctor should send me to a specalist. please tell me if i should go back and ask for this to be done, as i have no clue as to whether i should or what happens next. really hope to hear back from you.