Back & Neck Community
dextroscoliosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

dextroscoliosis

hi im anna .. 23 yrs old from the philippines. i have been diagnosed with dextro scoliosis in college.. since then ive never had any medications... i was advised to have a surgery and have a brace... i didnt do  so because i was afraid of surgery and i believe it could be treated some other way like some kind of therapy...also it was too expensive....and i was studying then.

its been 5 years now and i think that its getting worst...im really afraid..i just dont know what to do ..i am working and having an operation will really take time,,, i also think that if i get braces.. that would limit my movement or capability to do work... and i cant afford the cost of operation as well

is there any therapy or exercise that would help me.. is having braces the only solution?

having a surgery is not a wise decision, because dextroscoliosis is a bone problem and cannot be correct with the surgery as well. I was too diagnosed having that same problem my dr told me that having surgery aside from being expensive will not work well, we just need a maximum intake of calcium now aside from milk there's a lot of calcium in tablet or capsule form that are sold from the drugstore, you just have to maintain taking it daily and at least 2 glass of milk a day. Although it wont totally cure the problem but prevent you from having a sever damage of the bones.

marso