Back & Neck Community
dont think he has back aches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

dont think he has back aches

My husband has been complaing of a back ache for over two years. I watch my husband all the time to watch how he moves and walks. My husband can bend and walk normal. My husband always says it hurts but he can be sitting and bend to the side. He does moan and whine when he gets up in the mornings but forgets and moves around as good as me. He goes to a pain clinic every month and gets his script before he comes home. I believe hes addicted to the pain meds. He never complained over his back till his doctor stopped meds over his arm..Could my husband get around that good with a back ache? I may be wrong but i think its for the pills and for me to feel sorry for him.. Can he get around so good and lift his leg to tie his shoes resting on his knee?
Can he get around that good
A lot of people take medication so they can function, bend over, work, whatever. When you take pain medication over a period of time you're going to develop a physical dependency. When you don't have it, you're going to hurt, worse. Is this an addiction? Yes, in a way it's is, in the same way a diabetic needs insulin.

An addict  takes drugs to get high, the drugs come first, they do anything to get it. They have not control over it. Some people will start out taking drugs for pain and get out of control, but a lot of people don't.