excercise/physical activity after anterior cervical fusion
I had an anterior cervical fusion of c4/5. 5/6, 6/7 in April 2004.  Everything went very, very well.  Over the past several months I have experienced some tingling in my arms, some weakness.  After a further MRI, I found out I have further progression of a prolapsed disc at C7/T1 and osteophytes at T1/T2. I have been receiving ESI for this and it has helped.  My question is what type of excercise can I do to strengthen my neck muscles and not do further damage to my neck.?  I also recently had two lumbar fusion surgeries at L3/4 a year ago that seem to be fused nicely and I seem to be doing very well after those surgeries.  Again the same question.  I want to excercise without doing further damge to my spine.  Sometime, seemingly "normal" activities aggravate both areas of my spine causing some pain and tingling.  The only thing I knoe for sure I am not allowed to do is shovel snow.  Thanks for any advice on this.

This discussion is related to Exercises after cervical fusion.
I am also fused from C3 thru C7 and L5/S1. For me the best thing is floor stretching exercise. Do see a good physical therapist to show you how to exercise without hurting yourself. Also ask about the cold laser or low level laser treatments. They were very helpful for my musscle spasm and soft tissue. But be carful I also am continuing the degeneration at the C7/T1 level. The doctors now say I could need a total neck reconstruction. I am also at risk of paralysis by some incidental accident and I don't want that accident to happen while exercising. Normal activities are out of the question for us, that is sign to be careful.

I'm there too
I think being in an accident or doing some normal activity and being seriously injured because of it is my greatest fear.  Yet, I don't want to live in a bubble either.  

Thank you for your comments.  They were very helpful.