Back & Neck Community
face, neck, cheek pain and tingling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

face, neck, cheek pain and tingling

I have pain radiating from below my ear (sometimes from the corner of my eye) down the left side of my neck and sometimes around to the back of the left side of my head.  I have been to an ENT doctor, my dentist, and an endodontist.  They say I do not have TMJ nor do I have a problem with my trigeminal nerve.  They don't  know what I have.  I cannot take Vicodin or other strong medications, or Aleve, and ibuprofen and acetaminophen don't work very well.  The dentist and endodontist suggested:  chiropractic, or a neurologist, or the head and neck pain clinic at the University of California at San Francisco head, neck and pain clinic.  What do you suggest?
Tags: tingling, face, cheeks, cheek, and, head
I started everything with tingling in my face, actually above my lips.  Then sometimes at the tip of my nose.  Then face pain in my jaw and tight muscles in the front of my neck.  That was all three years ago.  4 weeks ago I had a cervical fusion and I'm hoping my nightmare is gone at least for a few years.  I don't know, but doctors used to look at me like I was nuts!!  They couldn't explain anything and I had to wait until my discs got bad enough to try the surgery.  My sister said her chiro said the tingling on her nose tip is from her C3 and C5 nerves.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.
UCSF supposed to be one of the best.  Take an Appt. with an Neurologist first, they may want to run some tests first.  Good luck