Back & Neck Community
foot cramps
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

foot cramps

I have a bulging disc in my lower low back.  I don't have a lot of low back pain, but I get severe cramps in the bottom of my foot especially when I straighten my leg.  Is there any kind of nutritional deficiency that could be involved as well?  I've been recommended to get shots in my back, but I don't feel that will solve the real problem.  Any suggestions?  Thank You
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
some of us on here with cervical disk problems have experienced a similar foot pain - we liken it to a sort of "charlie horse" that you can't get rid of, just goes away on it's own.  it was suggested to me, by a friend on www.spine-health.com, that i try omega 3 fatty acid (fish oil).  his doctor recommended it to him, we have no idea why it works, but it works.  especially if you have nerve pain.  i decided to try the omega 3 prior to having the injections (in my neck) and found that after taking it 2 days, my nerve related symptoms were greatly diminished, and i have not had the charlie horse in the foot ever since except for a couple of days i forgot to take the omega 3 - then i was back in debilitating pain again until i restarted the omega.  i have no idea why this stuff would help.  i did end up having the epidural injection in the neck anyway and it wasn't as bad as i thought.  so good luck.
Blank
Did you ever have any resolution to your problems? You describe exactly what I'm experiencing now. I too have bulging disc, have foot and toe cramps and even resting toe tremors in left leg only. Shots have been suggested but I'm worried the tremors are something else.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...