foot cramps
I have a bulging disc in my lower low back.  I don't have a lot of low back pain, but I get severe cramps in the bottom of my foot especially when I straighten my leg.  Is there any kind of nutritional deficiency that could be involved as well?  I've been recommended to get shots in my back, but I don't feel that will solve the real problem.  Any suggestions?  Thank You
some of us on here with cervical disk problems have experienced a similar foot pain - we liken it to a sort of "charlie horse" that you can't get rid of, just goes away on it's own.  it was suggested to me, by a friend on www.spine-health.com, that i try omega 3 fatty acid (fish oil).  his doctor recommended it to him, we have no idea why it works, but it works.  especially if you have nerve pain.  i decided to try the omega 3 prior to having the injections (in my neck) and found that after taking it 2 days, my nerve related symptoms were greatly diminished, and i have not had the charlie horse in the foot ever since except for a couple of days i forgot to take the omega 3 - then i was back in debilitating pain again until i restarted the omega.  i have no idea why this stuff would help.  i did end up having the epidural injection in the neck anyway and it wasn't as bad as i thought.  so good luck.
Did you ever have any resolution to your problems? You describe exactly what I'm experiencing now. I too have bulging disc, have foot and toe cramps and even resting toe tremors in left leg only. Shots have been suggested but I'm worried the tremors are something else.