frustrated and in severe pain, please help
I've been trying to use suboxone strips cut into strips of smaller than 1cm a day to help with w/d symptoms bc I heard it's harder to get off of them than opiates. I was wondering why after almost a month I am not feeling any better and still get RLS and insomnia. I am also rxd methadone that I haven't been taking since I got suboxone strips.  I was wondering if I took a 4th of one after not taking a strip no bigger than 1 cm , would I suffer worse w/d symptoms or would it take this horrible pain away and then I could just keep tappering off methadone until I feel better.  I am not wanting to take methadone to get high, just be functional again enough to get back to work.  Is it safe to take methadone after not taking 1 cm strip of suboxone over 12 hours prior?
How are you? With methadone, it is recommended that you take it as prescribed and to avoid discontinuing the medicine suddenly to avoid unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. If the symptoms persist and your present treatment is not working well, it is best that you discuss this with your attending for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi there!

It would be in appropriate to comment on the management plan and the medication/ dosage without knowing the relevant clinical details. The need and the safety levels of the medications and the prescribing dose are best decided by the treating doctor after a detailed evaluation of the primary condition, symptoms/ severity etc. It would be best to discuss this with your treating doctor; following which, the management plan can be chalked out accordingly.

Take care!