Back & Neck Community
groin pain associated with low back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I have had low back problems/pain on an off for about 10 years. 3 weeks ago it seems I re-injured my lower back but this time my groin and testicles seem to be inflamed. It feels like I have to urinate often. In the previous times when I had a flair-up my groin area was never affected.

After the first 2 weeks the low back pain subsided as well as any discomfort in my groin area. Yesterday I was doing household chores and my back began to hurt again. Just as the irritation and pain in my back came back so did the pain in my groin. It seems they are inter-connected in some way and the groin only hurts when the accute pain returns to my back.

Any help and advice is appreciated. I'm in between insurance coverage and and want to see what I can do until my insurance kicks in on March 1, 2010