Aa
A
A
Close
herniated disc - lower back-surgery
Has anyone had an operation to remove a herniated disk in their lower back? My operation is 2 weeks away and am feeling a little nervous. Also am taking strong anti inflammatories and tramadol daily and although my pain is under control I have a host of other problems and when I tried to reduce my dose Ì felt much worse from the withdrawal symptoms
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
144586 tn?1284669764
The operations (called a laminectomy) always work for a while and then the problem returns. These should be a "last ditch" solution after completing a physical rehab program including the exercise protocols and keeping well hydrated. Before the operation it pays to have a 3T MRI (not a 1T) and have the procedure done at a facility that does a lot of them.  Before surgery, modern protocols dictate that both physical rehab and a transdermal lidocaine patch be prescribed. Worn no more than 12 hours a day. And a TENS device.  If transdermal lidocaine has not been suggested (before Tramadol) the physician is not acquainted with the latest treatment protocols.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources