Back & Neck Community
hip and vertebrae fused together

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

hip and vertebrae fused together

is there a name for a bone or back disorder that your hip and vertebrae fuse together ??  I first found out when i was 20
and recent xrays showed it. I had forgotten about it over the last 23 years, but now am suffering chronic pain in my back arms and legs and I am baffling my doctors I appear healthy but have no energy,and always in pain
I have this. Mine is fused only one the right, its permanently tilted a little. It can really overwork the other muscles. Can mess up the SI joint as well. I also have Hoshimotos Thyroiditis which if not treated correctly can result in muscle pain. So the combo of this put me in a lot of pain. I have a short leg that may contribute as well -  chiros can check this.

After many different PT clinics and many chiros, I found the Med-X machine (the black one) was the only one that strenghtened my back at a PT clinic. They have a neck machine also. I have used other brands and they all suck because they dont isolate the back muscles. Back machines at gyms are a real joke too! I am now better. Look into Med-X and who uses it, dont let them tell you other brands work just as good either.

With this condition your back will allways be under greater stress that a normal back. So you need to make you back stronger than average - the med-x will do this. You also need to educate your self on trigger point therapy. You will get knots (trigger points in muscle) with your condition, so relieving them your self will cost you nothing and will let you resume your activities when that lower vertebrae spasms the muscles. Look up trigger point therapy in a book store and buy the book (yea a paper book!) .I am a 42 yr old engineer and was driven to find answers to this pain. Please look into my suggestions. The internet is great, it didn't exist when I was 22! Wish you luck.