Back & Neck Community
hip popping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

hip popping

for about 15 yrs now my left hip has been popping when i walk, but now for about 3months it has been  alot worse its become alot louder and its getting to the point of hurting when i walk. I have noticed that when i turn my left foot in when i walk it doesnt pop but it is very unconfurtable to try and walk that way...I can not aford to see a doc. so any good advice will be great. (single mom thing).

thank you Laurarkansas
I think you should get a referral for an appointment with a rhumy doctor just to start asking some questions about it, I also have popping sounds in my hips for ablout a year now, But I also have degenerative disc desease, and bulging disc sometimes.. and now hip bursitis.. and bone spurs, and OA at L5 S1..

I thought the popping on my hips was due to the recent finding with the hip bursitis, being they are called bursa sacks.. again please let your regular doctor know what is going on, you don't need any of this what I and many people have. it's really bad to deal with.
Hi again,

and this is what I found on google search about popping/ snapping hips:

http://headsuponyourbody.blogspot.com/2008/03/hip-popping-during-pilates.html

http://www.caringmedical.com/conditions/Snapping_Hip_Syndrome.htm

notice it also talks about bursitis with the hips popping/ snapping.