Back & Neck Community
hip socket somewhat disjointed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

hip socket somewhat disjointed?

A few weeks ago I had some hip pain.  It was in the front of the hip about 3 inches to the left of the right side of my body.  It hurt a lot to rotate the leg out.  Like if standing up feet forward, if I rotated my right foot more than 20 degrees to my right, it hurt a lot.  After the pain remained for about 1.5weeks with no improvement, I went to my chiropractor.  He said he had the problem himself and it took him a couple years to find someone who could adjust it properly for him because they all focused on the spine.  He said it's common to happen while having sex if your leg is spread or twisted out and pressure is put on it, in fact every person he's adjusted for that had it happen from sex.

Anyway, he fixed it by twisting my right leg in (counter clockwise) while I was laying on my back, I felt a pop in the hip, and it was a bit sore, but the mobility was back, I was able to twist it out without extreme pain and a day or so later the soreness was gone.  That was about two weeks ago now.

Well, last night I was getting it on, and this morning I noticed it seems I did it again.  In the past two weeks I'd been being careful with the leg, but last night I wasn't thinking about it.  It's a real pain when walking and turning left, when turning left usually the right foot is planted and you rotate your body on that right foot, well, that twists it out and bam, pain.

So, my question was, what exactly did he adjust, what was the name of it, and is there any video or something with an example of that adjustment?  It seems this is going to be a common occurrence until I stretch enough or something.

Oh, forgot one more detail.
If I lay on my back and relax, then look down at my feet, while the left foot rests to the right by some 30 degrees from center, the right foot right foot rests at about 60degrees from center.  The chiropractor noticed that right away when I went in and was on the table, I laid down on my back, and he said, look down at your feet.  Now my leg is like that again.
Since one year I am having intermittent pain in the lower right quadrant of my abdomen. Gastroenteritis did not help much by his medication. I feel that excess gas creates this problem. I am doing many spinal rotation exercises, is it probable that i am doing something wrong while doing exercises?
Possibly hypermobility in my joints to some degree.  It helps reduce the issues by seeing the chiropractor at least once or twice a week for me.  This isn't a one time fix for this kind of problem.  I think we all wish it was.  Doesn't work that way.  It sounds like you have a similar issue as mine.

Joint hypermobility syndrome is related to Ehlers-danlos syndrome and this should be checked as it can cause other issues as well.

Do go to a Dr and get a full check up...this is a connective tissue disorder and a rheumatoid Dr would be a good place to start.

Good luck and do post updates
      "selma"
I was told on a different forum to check out Ehlers-Danlos syndrome as well.  I was told to try a geneticist.  I have no idea how to find that kind of doctor.  I was told that a geneticist would be the only way to definitely diagnose whether or not it is Ehlers-Danlos.  I looked at the Wikipedia article, and I do have quite a number of the symptoms myself, but I don't have the unusual skin or the extreme in hypermobility that I saw in those pictures.  But, the article does say that there are many kinds of Ehlers-Danlos.  More than likely it is Hypermobility type 3 if this is the issue for me.  It is also one of the more common forms.

Start with a Rheumatoid Dr they will send u to a geneticist to dx what type of EDS u have....

I also have EDS and we do have a EDS group, if u r interested.-http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Ehlers-Danlos-Syndrome/show/417?camp=msc

The testing they do for EDS is all clinical and the geneticist does a skin biopsy to determine the type....this link will show u how the Drs determine if EDS or JHS is an issue, then the geneticist will determine the type.

http://www.reumatologia-dr-bravo.cl/para%20medicos/crit%20y%20diag/DIAGCRITJHS.htm

"selma"
I know of one such Dr that takes care of sending u to the right Drs, but it all depends on if u r in the area...R u newhere near Baltimore, MD?

"selma"
What you have is called coxa saltans otherwise known as snapping hip syndrome.