Back & Neck Community
housewife

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

housewife

i have a anterior cervical plate may 2012 there are days when i am in pain and stiff. can i do yoga or any other stretching exercise. thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you?  What are other symptoms present? There are many factors to consider such as your medical history, the diagnosis prior to the surgery, location, symptom and extent.  It is best that you discuss this with your  attending physician for proper evaluation and clearance for the said physical activity. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi there!

Though you could do yoga and stretching exercises, it is best advised to avoid strain around the neck region. Wearing a collar for support may be helpful. For the pain and stiffness, I would suggest rest few a few days, to be followed by physiotherapy to strengthen the neck muscles (as/ if advised after a cervical plate placement). Warm compresses, tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS may also be helpful for pain relief.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!