Back & Neck Community
i am having neck surgery on 3 levles .possible 4

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

i have had test done. been threw injections and p/t.my surgeon seen the mri scan. and told me i would need surgery...at Levels:C4-C5,C5-C6,C6-C7 AND possible at T1.....he states that there are bulging disk at all levels. with a possible bilatera c6-c7 radiculopathies. and that i have disk disease as well....he said he will do a Anterior cervical diskectomy and a Fusion.
He also states that at 3-l4,l5-si is also  facet arthropathy bilatateral more worse on the left.though he said he will do surgery on the neck first then later do it on the lower back.
he said he is going to use :bone graff.and tituim plate and a cage as well.on all the levels on the neck.
i am concerned.i have problems breathing now...they say it is due to the compress on the nerve from the disk bulge.
i do not under stand some of these words.
i am to have this done sept.2.2011.my surgeon is not a basic one....he is  Cheif of  Neurosurgery  who is also head of Trauma 2 Unit  in our county.
i feel i am in good hands......though all the things he said could happen...scares the heck out of me.i have had 4 lower back surgeryies in the past..but the neck ones scare me to death.
can anyone help me here.does anyone know what these words mean and have been threw what i am to go threw?
thankyou....
roxie
and i am also age 45.with heart conditons and dibetic as well..so if anyone has advice of the out come or who has had this surgery....please let me know...
my email is:
***@**** .
thankyou.
roxie